TERMS OF SERVICE Updated 05/26/2021
Upon applying and paying for a commission, you, the Client, are acknowledging and agreeing to the following:
You are at least 18 years of ageYou are ready and able to pay for your commission upfront if your application is accepted.All owners of the characters within the piece have given permission and agreed to the application and purchase of the commission.You understand and comply with the information listed below.
All commission requests must be submitted through Commiss.io. I will reply to your request to the email provided on Commiss.io within 48 hours with an accurate quote for your project. After your acceptance of the agreed upon quote, an invoice/request for payment will be sent to your email. You will have 48 hours to pay off the invoice, unless otherwise discussed with the Artist, or your spot on the queue will be terminated. Commission progress will not start until the Artist receives a notification that the payment has arrived safely into their account.
Updated statuses on commission progress can be viewed via the Artist’s Trello once the order has been successfully placed and accepted by the Artist. Status is updated when you have paid and when specific stages of the commission change. It is requested that you check the link first before contacting the Artist regarding the status of your commission.
You will receive a work in progress sketch(es) of the commission for approval before it moves onto the inking and colouring stages and will have the opportunity during this stage to direct alterations of the work (Not applicable for sketch commissions). In some cases, you may receive work in progress throughout other stages (colouring/shading,etc) depending on the type of commission and how detailed it may be.
Final artwork will be delivered via Commiss.io for approval once the commission is finished. At this stage, any alterations or changes may be subject to a revision fee. After approval, the final artwork will be delivered as a high res .PNG file for personal use along with a lower res watermarked .PNG file for personal web use.
ARTIST & CLIENT RIGHTS
1. The Artist reserves the right to cancel a commission and issue a full refund at any time during the commission process without any sort of explanation.
2. The Artist reserves the right to reject any commission application for any reason.
3. Commissions are usually completed between a 3-5 week timeline after payment has been received. Some projects may take longer based on complexity, communication between the Artist and Client, and the Artists personal schedule. Clients will be notified as soon as possible if unexpected delays occur.
4. Client's may request for their commission to be completed by a specific deadline. The deadline MUST be pointed out when making an order and agreed upon via Client and Artist so the commission progress can be planned accordingly within the Artists personal and work schedule. A rush fee may be applied to orders that require a turnaround within 1 week of ordering.
5. The Client receives a full resolution (300dpi) for print and a low resolution version intended for web upload (75dpi) watermarked .PNG file via email once complete. The Artist is also able to send other file formats, if requested by the Client ahead of time.
6. Communication regarding commissions between Client and Artist will solely be done through email for the purpose of record-keeping and consolidation. Commission process will not be discussed through any other form of communication.
7. Displayed prices are base prices and are subject to change according to the complexity of each individual piece. The Artist has the right to raise the final price of the commission if they see fit.
8. The Artist ensures the Client will receive email updates on the commission when necessary. Clients are encouraged to check in when they feel it's necessary for updates, assurance, reminders and/or questions. Public updates may also be made via the Artist's public social media accounts as well as their public queue, which all Clients are encouraged to check in on for a live status on their commission.
9. The Client will have the opportunity to direct alterations of the work after receiving a work in progress sketch of the commission. All major revisions must be made during this stage. Only minor revisions can be made after the commission is complete. Larger revisions that are requested after the commission is complete will be subject to a revision fee, depending on complexity.
10. The Artist reserves the right to reject critique and revisions relating to artistic skill, style preference or critique that reduces the artistic quality of the piece.
12. Work in progress sketches/screenshots are not applicable for sketch commissions, since the Client is paying for a sketch and not a finished illustration.
13. Private commissions are accepted on a case-by-case basis. The Artist reserves the right to re-use the initial pose/sketch/theme (with identifying features of the Client’s character removed) as a base for future projects such as YCHs, personal illustrations, or commissioned works for others.
14. By commissioning the Artist, you are purchasing labor. The Artist retains ALL publication rights to the commissioned artwork. The Artist may post or distribute commissioned work online via personal websites, galleries or journals. If the commissioned work is a time-sensitive gift, the Artist may delay public showcase at the request of the Client.
15. The Artist retains ALL distribution rights to the commissioned artwork, including the right to make digital or hard copy prints and/or merchandise for promotion or sale, if the Artist chooses. The Client may purchase the rights to the artwork they commission which can be discussed with the Artist via email. Please note purchasing rights may be double the original quoted price of the commission.
16. The Client cannot profit from the artwork. This includes the sale of digital files or the rights to the image. Commercial use is allowed on a case-by-case basis, and MUST be agreed upon at the start of the commission conversation.
17. The Artist does not allow any artwork to be used, edited, repurposed, or sold as part of any cryptocurrency or nonfungible tokens (NFT) by any person or company for any reason.
18. The Artist may re-use any work in progress sketches that were rejected by the Client for other commissions or personal works.
19. All payments are to be made online through Commiss.io (Stripe) or via Paypal Invoices in USD currency.
20. Commissioned works fall under Strict Cancellation category as defined by Commiss.io: https://commiss.io/about/cancellation
Communication is key! Please be clear in your requests.You must be 18 or older to commission NSFW content, no exceptions.Any NSFW content must have consent of all included characters’ owners. Do not ask me to draw characters without the owner’s approval.
I WILL NOT DRAW:
Rape/Non-consensual Acts/“Dub con”
Body Horror/Extreme Gore
Stomach Bulge/Hyper Obesity/Feeding
I WILL DRAW:
All body types and abilities
Human characters and portraits
Anthropomorphic animal characters
Anime style characters and fanart
Contact for resume, employment inquiries, and collaboration info: [email protected]
© Allison Geiss 2021. All rights reserved.